Created by chemistry set maker Thames & Kosmos along with Pittsburgh-based Schell Games, Happy Atomsteaches kids about building molecules using magnetic atoms that connect in “happy” ways.
The entire kit comes with multiple elements — oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, etc. — that click together. You can then scan the molecule using an iOS device and see data on the elements, as well as a rundown of molecular features. For example, you can build a fructose molecule and then see where fructose appears and what it does to the body, i.e. makes it feel good.
- Set of 50 magnetically connecting atom models representing 16 different elements
- Encourages scientific exploration, strong understanding of and appreciation for chemistry
- Explore the building blocks of the universe with the simplicity of a magnetic snap!
- Discover the world of molecules in an intuitive, hands-on way
- Metal tips represent free electrons, magnetic spots represent empty spaces for electrons in atom's outermost electron shell
- Experiment and connect different atoms to create different molecules - Use included app to identify them
- App provides detailed information about 120 of the most important molecules - Usage, properties, hazards, formula, structure
- Explore and discover tens of thousands of different molecules!
- App helps you track which molecules you've discovered, takes you on guided quests to discover and learn about new molecules
- Includes 50 atoms, scanning mat
- Detailed, 16 page quick-start manual included
- App currently can only be downloaded on Apple iPhone® or iPad® and Android
- Atom cores each measure approximately 1.25 inches in diameter
- High quality design and materials for lasting durability, exceptional learning experience